Thursday, March 5, 2009

And another thing!...

Not only is perpetuating this horrible illusion of a collective mandate false and dangerous, as it is the defining characteristic of all tyrants, there is another obvious flaw to expose during this "economic crisis".

There are those who like to say that "we must do something". These folks support this notion with a faulty and misleading rebuttal: "it would be disastrous to do nothing".

What?! Do nothing? I don't even think doing nothing is possible. But let's pretend...

Is opposing something doing nothing? No.
Is having another idea about how to proceed doing nothing? No.

This is obviously a false argument for those who choose to engage in it.
But hey, I didn't bring it up. Though I hear it time and time again.
Stop it!

At least ask some more fruitful, substantial, and sustaining questions:

What is the evidence to show that what I, or others, was doing is wrong?
Where is the guarantee that one way is better than another?
Why should I let anyone take what I earn?
Who is it that should be held responsible for the causes of the crisis?
When will the crisis be over?

No comments: